1. Sometimes my boyfriend’s television watching habit drives me crazy because of all the noise that television makes. I’m one of those people who has a really hard time filtering out sounds that aren’t related to what I’m currently focusing on. It’s really difficult for me at times to sit down and write a blog entry or read a book or really do anything if the television is on and I can hear it… and it’s so frustrating! I hate having to constantly ask him to turn it down or put on headphones but some days the frustration that it causes just simply pushes me into meltdown mode. I’d probably be batshit insane if it weren’t for my headphones and SimplyNoise.com. This problem is also one of the reasons why I’m not a huge fan of working in an office setting…
2. I tweeted earlier this week something to the effect of, “Whenever I go on Facebook, I find myself wondering how long before America slips into it’s next civil war?” Perhaps that’s a bit strong of a sentiment… but considering the animosity and failure to truly have a dialogue I see between people sitting on the right and left on a daily basis on Facebook, and for that matter… my own feelings out outrage toward people whose opinions I strongly disagree with… I seriously wonder this. And it terrifies me.
3. I am so happy to have my mattress back! We stacked my mattress on top of James’ to save space for the time being and to give me the pleasure of having my own bed back, I didn’t realize how much I missed my awesome half memory foam – half latex mattress. I’ve slept better the past two nights than I have in ages.
4. I’m struggling with motivation to go back to yoga class after having a rough one week before last. The last time I went to yoga class, I guess I was a little bit dehydrated and about 3/4 of the way through the class I just started hyperventilating and seeing stars and nearly passed out. I recognized there was a problem and sat down, and the teacher got me some water and a cool towel and was able to regain my strength again but it was a pretty scary experience. I have a feeling I’m going to have to stick to the restorative and gentle classes for awhile to regain my confidence. I did manage to do an hour long video yesterday though, Do Yoga With Me’s Burnout to Bliss was pretty excellent.
5. I’m still feeling pretty overwhelmed with the settling in process. I’m so glad to have all of my things here with me at my new place of residence, but I’m still having a hard time thinking of this as being my home… I still keep thinking of it as James’ home, which it is that too… but it’s our home now. For now, I’m just trying to be patient and roll with it.